TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By booking with Pulse Virtual Reality LTD, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of your booking as set out below:
1. You have no physical injuries, are physically fit and have not been advised to not participate in physical activity by a medical professional.
2. By completing a booking or making a purchase with Pulse Virtual Reality LTD, whether that be online or in-store, you are agreeing to the aforementioned terms and conditions.
3. All participants under the age of 16 are required to have a parent or guardian present at all times.
4. CCTV is in operation at the centre and you will be monitored for safety and security purposes.
5. A member of staff will define the safety guidelines and demonstration of the equipment prior to you participating in any activity, to which you must watch, even if you have visited the centre or taken part in virtual reality activities before.
6. Age ratings on games are advisory and we are not bound by any law prohibiting people playing games of certain age restrictions. Therefore, it is up to the player and/or the parent/guardian of a minor to decide what is suitable to play. Verbal consent by the player, if above the age of 18, or the guardian, if under the age of 18, will constitute as knowledge and acceptance of the content of discussed game options.
7. Participants should be aware that Pulse Virtual Reality LTD does not develop any software used by our systems and we cannot be held liable for any fault which arises due to problems within the software which is beyond our control, including but not limited to, software bugs, crashes, glitches, errors, network dropouts and disconnects. Where every effort is made to ensure the quality of the software used by Pulse Virtual Reality LTD, no refunds will be awarded to participants for time lost under these circumstances.
8. Participants should be aware of the safety features and guidelines within virtual reality that will be demonstrated by a member of staff prior to any activity taking place. No refund will be awarded to any participant and Pulse Virtual Reality LTD will not be held liable for any accident or injury that is caused as a result of breaching the demonstrated safety guidelines.
9. Participants should take note of the Booking Policy prior to arrival and be aware of the cancellations and late arrivals policies of Pulse Virtual Reality LTD.
NHS & Student Booking Discounts
1. Discount codes, promotional codes, coupon codes or any other method to attain a reduced price of a booking with Pulse Virtual Reality, is solely for the use of the intended party as clearly stated in the description of the booking product.
2. The “Xtra” discount code or booking option is solely for the use of Pulse VR-Xtra members of Pulse Virtual Reality LTD (those who have purchased and hold an active “Pulse VR-Xtra” subscription) and is not to be used for standard / regular virtual reality sessions and participants.
3. The Pulse SHADOW Member booking option is solely for the use of Pulse SHADOW members of Pulse Virtual Reality LTD (those who have purchase and hold an active “Pulse SHADOW Member subscription) and is not to be used for standard / regular virtual reality sessions and participants.
4. The “Pulse” discount code is solely to be used by NHS staff and students holding a valid, in-date, Student ID and is not to be used for standard / regular virtual reality sessions and participants.
5. Upon arrival, identification will be required to be presented to a member of staff to verify the status of the participant in order to claim the discount.
6. Failure to present a valid ID (NHS & Students) or booking of a member session (SHADOW) without an active subscription will require the participant to pay the difference of the discounted balance prior to any activity taking place.
7. No refund or reschedule will be awarded to participants who utilise the discounts methods outlined above without validation or balance outstanding being paid.
8. Abuse of the system will result in ban from the Pulse Virtual Reality Centre.
9. Management decisions regarding disputes are final.
Gift Cards / Vouchers
1. Vouchers are valid for 1 year from date of purchase and can be used or claimed for any session or used to discount a session up to the gift card value
2. Vouchers may be replaced if lost or stolen for a fee £1
3. Vouchers cannot be refunded or exchanged for cash or other denominated vouchers.
4. If an intended purchase is for a higher amount than the face value of the voucher(s), the difference can be made up with an extra payment. If it is less, then the remaining value will be available on your account to make a future purchase.
5. Vouchers may be used towards any product, service or hire unless otherwise stated
6. Vouchers cannot be sold to any third parties without our consent. If we do give our consent then such consent may be subject to any conditions which we impose. In any event you may not sell the Vouchers through the internet without our express written consent, which you must obtain before making any such sale. We reserve the right at all times to refuse to permit any sale of Vouchers by you to a third party.
7. Gift Cards are dispatched as a gift item and are not required to be presented to us at the time of booking. However, the login details provided on the Gift Card will be required if we are requested to make a booking on your behalf. Gift Cards are digital, with a monetary value of the amount specified on the card held in an online account for you to use to make online bookings and purchases. Bookings and purchases made with the gift card coupon are subject to the same terms and conditions as regular purchases.
8. Your booking will not be impacted by any change in pricing between the time of purchase and a scheduled booking date. No cash, refunded credit or any form of compensation shall be provided should the cost of the experience on the booked date be less than the price at time of booking.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND PROCEDURE
The purchaser of the voucher is entitled to a 14-day ‘cooling off’ period provided the gift voucher is returned unused within 14 days of purchase, after which a full refund will be made to the original payment method. If you need to return a gift voucher please email [email protected]
Booking with Pulse Virtual Reality LTD
The Pulse Gaming Lounge operates on a pay-to-play basis and can only accommodate a set amount of customers at any given time. Therefore, we request that once you have booked a session, you ensure that you arrive within reasonable time in order to adhere to your booked session time. We recommend that customers, especially groups, arrive at least 10 minutes before their scheduled start time.
Once a booking has been made, a headset will be assigned to you and is yours for the duration of your booked session time. You will not be required to move unless under certain circumstances e.g. hardware / software problems. Please note that failure to arrive within 10 minutes of the start time for 30 minute sessions, or within 15 minutes of the start time for 1 hour sessions, without forewarning, may see you lose access to a VR headset, which may be awarded to another customer / group. Should you arrive after your booked session time, your total session time may be reduced in order to fulfil bookings by later customers. Pulse Virtual Reality LTD will not issue a refund to any person that arrives late and not required to extend your booking time to fulfil your total booked time.
Cancellations Due To Motion Sickness
Pulse Virtual Reality LTD chooses games carefully to limit the affects of motion sickness on our customers and we try them out on a variety of people before adding them to our games list, ensuring we only add safe games. However, we do have some experiences which have features which we consider an ‘Intense’ motion experience and maybe uncomfortable for certain people. Our staff will endeavour to advise you on the best experiences for you so that you can get the most enjoyment from your VR session.
However, it is essential that you know how susceptible you are to motion sickness and pay attention to staff advise for each game and experience. Pulse Virtual Reality LTD will not be held responsible for, and therefore not refund, any customer unable or unwilling to continue a VR session as a result of motion sickness
Cancellations By Customers Prior To Session Start
Pulse Virtual Reality LTD’s continued viability relies on session bookings being honoured by our customers and adequate notice being given of any changes or cancellations.
Accordingly, the following applies:
1. For all bookings, with the exception of “Venue Hire” bookings, a refund will only be issued for cancellations at least 72 hours prior to the session scheduled start time.
2. Alterations of bookings to another product will be accepted up to the session scheduled start time under the following conditions:
a. The new session booking(s) is of an equal or greater value than the old session booking;
b. The new session booking(s) is available and doesn’t conflict with another customer’s booking.
3. Pulse Virtual Reality LTD reserves the right to refuse a refund or change of booking within 72 hours period prior to the session scheduled start time.
4. We understand that unforeseen circumstances may arise to which a booking cannot be fulfilled. Where possible, Pulse Virtual Reality LTD will attempt to satisfy customers as best as we can. However, to the extent of how this is achieved is solely at the Supervisor on Duty’s discretion.
Cancellations By Pulse Virtual Reality LTD
Although rare, it may be necessary to have to cancel a booking due to issues such as technical difficulties, faults or other unforeseen circumstances meaning we would be unable to fulfil a customer’s booking. In any event where Pulse Virtual Reality LTD is required to cancel a booking, we will attempt to reach a resolution based on customer preferences from the options listed below:
- A partial refund issued to the customer for any booked equipment suffering technical difficulties and a continuation of the booking with the remaining available equipment;
- A booking reschedule to another convenient time for the customer when all booked equipment is repaired;
- A cancellation of the booking and a full refund issued to the original payment method.
Venue Hire / Private Function Bookings
A non-refundable deposit of £50 will be required to secure any space hire booking. This deposit will ensure the requested date & time slots are secured for your event. This deposit value is only to secure the booking time and date and does not entitle anyone to use any equipment or gaming software in the venue prior or during the allocated booked slots. A full payment of any remaining outstanding balance will be required to be paid prior to the event start in order for participants to use the hired equipment.
Refunds: Refunds will only be returned up until 7 (seven) days prior to the event start time.
No refunds will be issued to any customer if a cancellation request is within 7 days prior to the Venue Hire start time! However, reschedules are still permitted upon request.
Venue Hire and Private Functions will begin at the time allocated for the event start as booked by the customer unless any delays have occurred prior to the event start time as stated by a member of management. No booking will progress beyond the allocated booked time of the event unless allowance has been granted by management due to prior delays. No time allowance will be granted to late arrivals, therefore is highly recommended that all party members arrive prior to the event start time. This is to ensure bookings after the event are not impacted and future customers are not affected by any delays.
Entry to Pulse Gaming ESports tournaments, competitions and events are free to play unless otherwise stated in the event rules and listings. A registration fee may be required to be paid prior to the event taking place in order to secure a placement into an event. This fee will be clearly stated in the sign-up process. Registration fees will be refunded to the player’s original payment method upon completion of the event under the following conditions:
1. The player attended the full duration of the event;
2. The player was not disqualified from the event for breaking event rules;
3. The player is eligible to take part in the event;
4. The player did not compromise the integrity of the event and conducted themselves in a sportsmanlike manner throughout the event.
No registration fee will be refunded to the player if:
1. The player is late to start, unable to attend the full duration of the event or doesn’t attend the event for any length of time (No Show);
2. The player is disqualified for rule breaking;
3. The player behaves in a manner that interrupts the event and negatively influences the experience for other players;
4. Registers for an event which they are not eligible to play in and denied participation.
Player’s are still available to have registration fees refunded under the “Booking Policy”, provided they give sufficient notice of 72 hours that they will not attend the event. Any requests for a refund within the 72 hour window will be denied, however requests to reschedule can be granted as long as 24 hours notice was provided.
- The promoter is: Pulse Virtual Reality LTD
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over except employees of Pulse Virtual Reality LTD and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via https://www.facebook.com/PulseVirtualReality/
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry will be the following Sunday of the competition start date, as stated on the competition post, at 8pm. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
Entrant must clearly write “PULSE” in the comment section of the competition post
10. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
11. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
12. The prize is as follows:
The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
13. Winners will be chosen:
as a result of a popular vote via likes on the entrants comment on the competition post. Entrants should encourage friends, family, colleagues etc to like their comment by means of tags and messaging. Winner will be the entrant with the most likes on their comment by the competition deadline
14. The winner will be notified by DM on Facebook withing 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
15. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
16. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
18. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by [English] law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of [England].
19. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
20. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date
21. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Some additional Terms and Conditions which you might wish to include if relevant:
- Pulse Virtual Reality LTD‘s decision as to those able to take part and selection of winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
- Pulse Virtual Reality LTD shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
- Pulse Virtual Reality LTD also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.
Pulse Gaming Membership Terms & Conditions
1. WHAT THESE TERMS COVER
1.1. These are the general terms and conditions which apply to the purchase and use of the Pulse ACTIVE, CLUB, PRO & PRIME Membership Scheme (the “Membership”) (the “Terms”).
1.2. Please read them carefully before you purchase the Membership.
2. INFORMATION ABOUT US AND HOW TO CONTACT US
2.1. We are Pulse Virtual Reality LTD a company registered in England and Wales
2.2. How to contact us. You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 01332 906604 or by writing to us at [email protected] or Pulse Virtual Reality, 146 Derby Road, Spondon, Derby, DE21 7LU
2.3. How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by writing to you at the email address you provided to us at the time of activation of your membership
2.4. You agree to inform us if your name, email address or any other contact or personal details provided change by contacting our customer service team on the number or email address set out in clause 2.2 above and you agree that we will not be responsible for missed notifications if you have not kept your contact details with us up-to-date.
2.5. “Writing” or “written” includes emails.
3. OUR CONTRACT WITH YOU AND ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MEMBERSHIP
3.1. These Terms apply to the person purchasing the Membership (the “Purchaser”) and the person who uses the Membership (the “Member”).
3.2. If you are both the Purchaser and the Member, then a single contract, governing the purchase and use of the Membership, is formed between you and us at the point you create your account.
3.3. If the Purchaser and the Member are different persons, then:
3.3.1. the contract governing the purchase of the Membership is formed between us and the Purchaser, at the point the membership is created; and
3.3.2. the contract governing the use of the Membership by the Member is formed between us and the Member at the point at which the Membership is successfully activated.
3.4. If we cannot accept your order for the Membership or if the proposed Member is ineligible for Membership in accordance with these Terms, we will refund any amounts paid for the Membership and not take any further payment from the Purchaser. This might be because a credit reference we have obtained for you does not meet our minimum requirements.
3.5. The Membership is only available to Members who are aged 13 or over and resident in the UK.
3.6. You must be registered and create a Pulse Gaming Account before you can activate your Membership.
3.7. A Member may book a member session and substitute their session with another person/people (friend, family member), providing the original Purchaser or Member is present during the booked session.
3.8. You agree to use the Membership in good faith and in the way that we intend for it to be used.
3.9. We set out below some examples of what we see as not using the Membership in good faith.
3.9.1. Opening and closing a Membership under different emails to take advantage of the discounted trial period;
3.9.2. Booking member sessions for other people without being present;
3.9.3. Allowing someone else to use your Membership points;
3.9.4. Allowing other people to claim discounted sessions using your points;
3.9.5. Booking multiple consecutive sessions within a single business day in order to circumvent the discount cap;
3.9.6. Making separate booking orders to gain a larger discount than intended and circumvent the discount cap ;
Please be aware that if this kind of activity occurs we may suspend your Membership (in accordance with clause 6) whilst we check how the Membership is being used and we will work in good faith to resolve any such dispute in a timely manner. We will communicate with the Member how we feel the membership is being abused if any such case is found and depending on the severity of the abuse, we may issue warnings to the Member or ban the Member in the worst cases.
4. THIS IS THE STUFF YOU WILL RECEIVE AS A MEMBER
4.1. As a Member you will receive, as a minimum, the following benefits:
4.1.1. 10% reward points on booked sessions;
4.1.2. 10% discount on bookings, excluding Parties* and Events**;
4.1.3. Access to games specified as “Exclusive”;
4.1.4. Eligibility for game achievement rewards;
*A “Party” is considered as any booking for a group consisting of more than four persons.
**An “Event” is considered any activity which is listed under the Events page and/or an activity not booked or paid for under the standard gaming activity/services pages
4.2. As part of your Membership you may also receive ad hoc special offers from time to time. Some of these offers may only apply in store, may be subject to availability. You will be informed of such offers either by email or via the Community site notices.
6. PRICE AND PAYMENT
6.1. The price of the Membership will be the price set out in store or on our website. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the prices of the Membership we display are correct. However please see clause 6.3 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the Membership.
6.2. We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes during your Membership, we may adjust the rate of VAT that you pay.
6.3. What happens if we got the price wrong. If, despite taking all reasonable care, the correct price for the Membership on the date your activation is higher than the price stated in store or online, we will contact you for your instructions. If a pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may cancel the Membership and refund you any sums you have paid.
6.4. When you must pay and how you must pay. You will pay upfront for a fixed-term Membership. Payments will be by direct debit on Credit or Debit card, or via a regularly scheduled payment via PayPal. Manual renewal may be offered under special circumstances under Supervisor on Duty’s discretion.
6.5. Change to Direct Debit details. If you want to change the account details from which your direct debit is paid, please contact us via [email protected] at least 14 days’ notice prior to your next payment date.
6.6. What to do if you think a payment request is wrong. If you think a payment request is wrong please contact us promptly to let us know. You will not have to pay any interest until the dispute is resolved. Once the dispute is resolved we will charge you interest on correctly requested sums from the original due date.
7. DURATION OF THE MEMBERSHIP AND OUR RIGHTS TO SUSPEND THE MEMBERSHIP
7.1. The Membership will begin on the date on which the Membership is successfully activated and continue as follows, unless you or we end the contract earlier as described in these Terms:
7.1.1. If you have purchased a Membership for a fixed period of 12 months, the Membership will continue for the relevant fixed period. At the end of this period, the Membership will automatically renew via the payment details provided on activation.
7.2. We are not responsible for loss of access to the Membership which is outside our control. If your access to the Membership is affected by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay or lack of access. Provided we do this we will not be responsible for any lack of access caused by the event but if there is a risk of the Membership being inaccessible for a significant period of time you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any Membership you have paid for but not received.
7.3. Reasons we may suspend the Membership. We may have to suspend the Membership to:
7.3.1. deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
7.3.2. update the Membership to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
7.3.3. make changes to the Membership as notified by us to you (see clause 14); and
7.3.4. investigate the use of a Membership that we have reason to believe is not being used in good faith and in accordance with these Terms.
7.4. Your rights if we suspend the Membership. We will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending the Membership, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. If we have to suspend the Membership for longer than 2 consecutive weeks in any 8 week period we will adjust the price so that you do not pay for Membership while it is suspended. You may contact us to end the contract if we suspend the Membership, or tell you we are going to suspend it, in each case for a period of more than 2 months and we will refund any sums you have paid in advance for the Membership not provided to you.
7.5.3. Failed Direct Debit mandate but payment not yet due:
18.104.22.168. What you should do: You must update the Direct Debit mandate details at least 14 days before your next payment is due.
7.6. We may suspend your membership until a renewal payment is made, at which point we will lift the suspension. A suspended account will still maintain it’s point balance but will have restricted access and will not be able to claim any discounts via gained points. However, if you miss the following payment, we reserve the right to cancel your Membership. Cancelled memberships will lose access to the membership and any points gained as a result of being a Pulse SHADOW Member.
8. YOUR REFUND RIGHTS WHERE YOU HAVE NOT USED YOUR MEMBERSHIP
Provided you have not booked and used a member session, or gained any benefit as a result of being a member, you can obtain a refund up to 14 days after the date of purchase.
9. YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL
9.1. You can always end your contract with us. Your rights when you end the contract will depend on whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing and when you decide to end the contract:
9.2. Ending the Membership where we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind. If you want to end your Membership after the cooling-off period referred to in clause 9.4 (and you are not ending the Membership for one of the reasons set out in clause 9.3), the situation will depend on the type of membership you have, as follows:
9.2.1. A fixed-period Membership – your Membership will automatically end on expiry of the fixed period. You cannot end a fixed-period Membership earlier than the expiry date and obtain a refund unless it is for one of the reasons set out in clause 9.3. If you end a fixed-period Membership for any reason (other than those set out in clause 9.3) you will not be entitled to a refund. Your Membership will end on the date that you notify us you wish to cancel it, you will not receive any further benefits/offers from that date and you will not be eligible to receive the Value Guarantee.
9.3. Ending the Membership where we are at fault. If you are ending the Membership for a reason set out at 9.3.1 to 9.3.5 below the Membership will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any period of Membership during which the Membership has not been provided or has not been properly provided. The relevant reasons are:
9.3.1. we have told you about an upcoming change to the Membership or these Terms which you do not agree to;
9.3.2. we have told you about an error in the price or description of the Membership and you do not wish to proceed;
9.3.3. there is a risk the Membership may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
9.3.4. we suspend the Membership for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend it for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than 2 months ; or
9.3.5. you have a legal right to end the Membership because of something we have done wrong.
9.4. Your right to change your mind – “Cooling-off period”
9.4.1. If you have just changed your mind, you can obtain a full refund if you cancel the contract within 14 days starting the day after your membership is activated.
9.4.2. If you book and complete a member session before the end of the 14 day cooling-off period, or receive a benefit as a result of being a Pulse SHADOW member as stated in the Terms, you can still cancel the Membership with up to a 50% refund, dependant and proportional to benefit gained and savings made.
9.5. How to end the contract/ Membership with us (including if you have changed your mind). To end the contract/ Membership with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:
9.5.1. Portal. Login to the membership portal at pulsevrx.com/my-account/ and select the cancel option.
9.5.2. Phone. Call customer services on 01332 906604. Please be ready to provide your name, home address, details of the membership and / or where available, phone number and email address;
9.5.3. Email. Email us at [email protected] Please provide your name, home address, details of the membership and, where available, phone number and email address;
9.5.4. Post. Write to us at Pulse Virtual Reality, 146 Derby Road, Spondon, Derby, DE21 7LU. Please provide your name, home address, details of the membership and, where available, your phone number and email address;
9.5.5. Online Contact Form. Fill in our contact form on pulsevrx.com/contact/ with the subject “Sign Up to Pulse SHADOW / Cancel Membership”. Please provide your name, home address, details of the membership and, where available, your phone number and email address.
9.6. When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are exercising your right to change your mind then your refund will be made within 14 days of your telling us you have changed your mind.
10. OUR RIGHTS TO END THE MEMBERSHIP
10.1. We may end the Membership if you do not comply with these Terms.
10.2. Also, we may end the Membership at any time by writing to you if:
10.2.1. Your membership has been suspended due to a missed payment, and you have failed to make this payment within one month of it being due;
10.2.2. you provide us with incomplete or incorrect information and have not rectified this within a reasonable time of us asking you to do so; and
10.2.3. you do not use the Membership in good faith, in breach of clause 3.8.
We will not be responsible for not providing the Membership (or any part of it) if this is caused by the circumstances set out above in this clause 10.2.
10.3. You must compensate us if you break the contract or do not use the Membership in the right way. If we end the Membership in the situations set out in clauses 10.1 and 10.2 we will refund any money you have paid in advance for any period of the Membership we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract.
10.4. We may stop providing the Membership. We may write to you to let you know that we are going to stop providing the Membership. We will let you know at least 14 days in advance of our stopping the Membership services and will refund any sums you have paid in advance for the Membership which will not be provided.
11. WHAT HAPPENS TO ACCRUED PULSE REWARD POINTS WHEN THE MEMBERSHIP ENDS
11.1. What happens to accrued Pulse Rewards points will depend on why the Membership has ended. If it has ended and you are not at fault, all Pulse Rewards points accrued as a result of the Membership will remain on your account and will be subject to the terms referred to in clause 3.6.
11.2. If the Membership has ended because you are at fault, Pulse Virtual Reality reserves the right to deduct any Pulse Rewards points you have earned as a result of your Membership from your account.
12. SUMMARY OF YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
See the box below for a summary of your key legal rights in relation to the Membership. Nothing in these Terms will affect your legal rights.
SUMMARY OF YOUR KEY LEGAL RIGHTS
This is a summary of your key legal rights. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 says:
· you have a right to receive services which are as described.
· you can ask us to repeat or fix a service if its not carried out with reasonable care and skill, or get some money back if we cannnot fix it.
· if you have not agreed a price beforehand, what you are asked to pay must be reasonable.
· if you have not agreed a time beforehand, it must be carried out within a reasonable time.
See also Exercising your right to change your mind at clause 8.4.
14. OUR RIGHTS TO MAKE CHANGES
14.1. We may make minor changes to the Membership and these Terms (including contracts already in existence):
14.1.1. to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
14.1.2. to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements, for example to address a security threat.
These changes will not affect your use of the Membership.
14.2. More significant changes to the Membership or these Terms (and your existing contract with us) will be notified to you in writing along with the date on which such changes will take effect. If you do not want to accept the proposed change, before the change takes effect, you can contact us to tell us you wish to cancel and receive a refund of any Membership Fee you have paid for the months remaining of your Membership after the month in which you cancel your Membership.
15. OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
15.1. We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
15.2. We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the Membership as summarised at clause 13.
15.3. We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the Membership for domestic and private use. If you use the Membership for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
16. HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
16.1. How we will use your personal information. We will use the personal information you provide to us to:
16.1.1. provide the Membership;
16.1.2. process your payment for the Membership;
16.1.3. remind you when your Membership is about to expire, how you can renew your Membership and the options available to you for renewal; and
16.1.4. if you agreed to this during the order process, inform you about similar products that we provide, but you may stop receiving these communications at any time by contacting us.
16.2. We may pass your personal information to our direct debit provider, Stripe / Paypal so that they can set up a direct debit for your Membership fee and then activate your Membership. We will not store any of your bank details and will only process them for the purpose set out in this clause 16.2.
16.3. We will only give your personal information to other third parties where the law requires us to do so.
17. OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
17.1. We may transfer any contract made under these Terms to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation.
17.2. Once activated, a Membership cannot be transferred to someone else and must only be used by the Member. As a result, only Purchasers and/or Members have rights to enforce the Terms of the applicable contact and none of us need the consent of any person that is not a party to the applicable contract to end it or the Membership (as applicable) or to agree any changes to these Terms.
17.3. Please note that offers provided via the Membership cannot be used in conjunction with any other Membership or generally available offer unless expressly specified otherwise.
17.4. The images of the products or reference to offers and/or promotions on our marketing material for the Membership are for illustrative purposes only.
17.5. If a court finds part of these Terms illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
17.6. Even if we delay in enforcing these Terms, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these Terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract that will not mean that you do not have to do those things or prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the Membership, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
17.7. Language. Any contracts made under these Terms will be concluded in the English language.
17.8. Which laws apply to any contract made under these Terms and where you may bring legal proceedings. These Terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the services in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the services in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland, you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the services in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
17.9. Online Dispute Resolution. In addition, please note that disputes may be submitted for online resolution to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform.
“Social Distancing Policy” (COVID-19)
With regards to the recent Corona Virus (COVID-19) outbreak, we have put in place precautionary measures to help limit the spread of COVID-19 and ensure that our customers are kept as safe as possible from infection while attending the Pulse Gaming Lounge, see below:
- In order to minimise social interaction between groups, zoned areas will be now be in effect. Players in VR will be isolated to specific areas of the venue and players from different booked groups will not be allowed to interact with other play zones i.e. VR players in zone 1 will not be allowed to race in the F1 simulators should they be booked by another group; If 1 headset is booked in VR zone 1, another player may not use the remaining unused VR headset.
- Full sanitation of the venue will take place in between bookings, including all touchable surfaces and equipment.
- Alcohol gel is to be used by any visitor entering the venue, regardless whether they plan to use our equipment or not. Players are also required to use alcohol gel prior to touching or using any equipment.
- A buffer period of 15 minutes will be applied to each booking to allow us time to perform a thorough sanitation of the venue before the next booked group
If you have booked a “Venue Hire” event, please allow extra time than originally scheduled. A full sanitation will take place before you will be allowed to enter the venue. When your booking is taking place, no other persons will be permitted to enter the venue for your protection. If any attendee to your event is feeling any flu-like symptoms, please encourage them to stay at home and not attend your booking.
We strongly encourage everyone to listen to the advice of medical professionals during this pandemic. If you feel ANY flu-like symptoms, protect your friends and loved ones by staying at home and self-isolating for 14 days. In the event that you cannot attend your booking due to the corona virus, please contact us at the earliest opportunity to cancel your booking.
CANCELLATION DUE TO COVID-19
Full Refund: If you cancel your booking at least 72 hours prior to your event taking place, you will be entitled to a full refund as stated in our Booking Policy.
Free Reschedule: If you cancel your booking within the 72 hour window, you will be entitled to reschedule your booking free of charge at any time convenient for you, as many times as you need to fulfil your booking.
Venue Closure: If for any reason the Pulse Gaming Lounge is forced to closed e.g. Government lock down, staff illness, and we are unable to fulfil your booking, you will be entitled to full refund to your original payment method.